Saturday, February 4, 2012

Restaurant Pricing Strategies in Other Countries?

I just had a conversation with the male owner of the bagel restaurant.
I told him about costing out ingredients and how to set the final menu price.
It was interesting to me that he didn't understand how things work in America.
According to him, our pricing strategies are different than the rest of the world.
Here's what I mean:
For us, we take the food cost, add overhead and labor costs, and somehow come up with a basis for our menu price.
Then, we consider factors such as location, speciality of the menu item, the demographics of guests, etc.
I wanted to ask him how it was different in his country (Ukraine) or the rest of the world, but I never got the chance.
Now I'm curious.........

No comments:

Post a Comment