Sunday, February 5, 2012

Wood-Burning Ovens and a Ukrainian Family


Today is my last day with the B&B Empire folk.  I have had a wonderful time with this family and their employees and I hope this isn't my last time working with them. Here are some pictures from my weekend:


This is the wood pile that they use to fuel the fire. 


This is the wood-burning oven that makes Montreal-style bagels so special.

Here is Amy working in the kitchen with Steve, the chef, and Fatima, the prep cook.
Steve is from Uzbekistan and Fatima is Moroccan.
They are both very hard workers, this place is lucky to have them!

And here I am with Amy and Fatima. I didn't get a chance to work in the kitchen with them this trip, I was too busy costing and pricing menu items! 
But I got to taste the delicious food that they made. Brooklyn is in for a treat! 

1 comment:

  1. This looks so exciting, so fulfilling! Enjoy the journey

    ReplyDelete